Christmas season is just around the corner, and what’s an enjoyable Christmas dinner without a mouth-watering dessert, cookies, cakes and more?
It’s one of the best parts of the festivities. And, all of this is not possible without a delicious whipped cream on top of your sweets.
Whipped cream is known to be the most cherished kitchen ingredient because without it your kitchen is just so dull. Who doesn’t love a swirl of freshly whipped cream on a perfectly baked cupcake?
However, the word on the street is that a lot of ready-mades and packed whipped creams really aren’t good for your health. But,
If you are making a few batches of sweet dishes, whipping cream at home with a hand mixer is just too tiring and takes too long.
Don’t worry, you can make just as fine and smooth whip cream in a blender as with a hand beater. Whipping cream in a blender is better, because:
- It takes less time
- You can blend large batches in just one go
- No need of extra utensils
Blender is always sitting on your countertop, therefore, no need to take out mixers from your cupboard
The consistency is just perfect and cloud-like
In this article, we’re going to discuss the method of making a perfect whipped cream in a blender.
How To Whip Cream In A Blender?
All you need to make whipped cream at home in a Blender are the following:
- Whipping cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Vanilla extract
Once you have procured all the ingredients, here’s what to do next!
- First, take fresh cream out of the refrigerator and make sure it is cold enough to achieve the perfect output.
- Now, start pouring the cream into your blender jug.
- Do not pour and blend all the cream in one go, initially pour half the quantity as it doubles in size when all the extra air folds in.
- Next, add Vanilla extract and powdered sugar according to your requirements into the jug.
- If you are using a blender featuring an integrated bowl, then don’t forget to remove the plastic nozzle from top of the blender so that plenty of air can mix well with your cream.
- Now cover it properly and give it a good blend on low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Stop the machine and open the lid to check the progress.
- Your cream should start thickening a bit, therefore, move the mixture towards the blades with the help of a spatula.
- We suggest that you blend this in 10-second intervals so that you can monitor the progress and consistency of whipped cream.
- If you want to add any extra ingredients, such as fruit, coffee or something else, now is the perfect time.
- By using a large spoon, stir the cream with extra ingredients and blend it again for few seconds to achieve the perfect texture.
- Last but not least, all you have to do is pour the mixture onto your pie, buns, sponge cake, trifle or anywhere else it’s intended to top, and you are done.
Take a healthy spoonful and Enjoy!
Tips for making Whipped Cream in Blender:
For best results, always use thicker and denser cream as it will produce much more impressive peaks to make your sweet dish a hit in front of your guests.
- You can always add something more fun while blending your cream, such as a splash of bourbon, coffee or even a tablespoon of fruit puree.
- It’s important that you use cold cream, and an even better suggestion is to make sure that your blender pitcher is also cold to make bouncy and fluffy whipped cream.
- This whipped cream can also be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
- To help avoid the formation of any lumps, use a fine-mesh strainer to sift the powdered sugar over the cream mixture.
- To clean the pitcher after use, detach the pitcher from the motor base and rinse the pitcher and lid with warm soapy water.
- If needed you can also use a non-abrasive scrub to scrub the lid, pitcher, and other working parts of the blender.
- Always use a clean and odor-free container before whipping fresh cream.
Can We Use An Immersion Blender To Whip Cream?
Although regular home blenders are something that most consumers tend to use, the immersion blender is also very useful in some situations, such as whipping cream.
Rather than always putting the ingredients in the blender jar, you can use an immersion blender to whip the cream along with other ingredients in any jar or bowl.
Let’s look at some of the advantages of using an immersion blender for whipping cream:
Advantages of Immersion Blender for whipping Cream
A hand blender is very convenient to use compared to standard blenders as it can be used in almost any bowl or container and also does not have any complicated settings and control functions.
Another good thing about a stick blender is that you can place it conveniently anywhere you want. The dimensions of a blender make it much easier for you to store it in the kitchen cupboard.
As most hand blenders are dishwasher safe, they can be easily washed after each use. And furthermore, all you have to do is wash the attachments and not the pitcher.
An immersion blender uses less power to blend and whisk multiple ingredients easily.
Just pour some heavy cream along with powdered sugar in any jar or container, and let your immersion blender do the rest of the work. It is going to whip up some fresh and cloudy cream in no time. Always use chilled cream and a cold metallic container to achieve best quality.
It is not quite a difficult task to make whipped cream at home for your desserts. However, you normally need a little fancier machinery like a mixer to whip it up perfectly.
If you need a cloud-like smooth whipped cream on top of your cake or to eat with fresh strawberries, but don’t want to buy a ready-made pack, here’s your perfect alternative—you can easily make it with your Blender.
Always thoughtfully select the right blender for whipping cream which really best fits your needs, because it’s an investment that lasts for a few years if used carefully.
How long in advance can you prepare Whip Cream?
You can make whipped cream in advance and can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. The safest way to preserve it is to put a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl and place the cream on it to prevent watering of the cream.
Can we Whip Light and Less dense Cream?
Yes, it can be done, as long as the butterfat content in the cream is 30% or more. Using a blender, the cream can be whipped, however the top will not be as heavy cream.
How do you make Whipped Cream from scratch?
a. Use an empty mixer bowl and place it in the freezer for 20 mins to chill.
b. Pour heavy cream, and other ingredients such as vanilla into the bowl and blend with high speed for a few minutes.
c. Don’t overmix the ingredients.